2016-2017 Executive Board Elections
Message from the Chair
Federal Relations Press Release
New Member Perspective
Electronic Services - Chair in the News
Fall Conference - Save the Date
Submit articles to
Submitted by: Professional Development and Training Committee
On April 6, 2016, the Professional Development and Training Committee hosted Spring Training at Anne Arundel Community College.
The day began with a legislative update from Federal Relations Committee Co-Chairs, Aristea Williams and Andrew Harvey. Six breakout sessions included:
- Reaching out to a Unique Populations: Focusing on Foster Care and Unaccompanied Homeless Youth
- Round Table Customer Service: Best Practices for Service & Meeting Student Expectations
- State of Maryland/DE/DC Update
- Round Table Discussion: Prior-Prior Year & Crafting a Strategy for Your Financial Aid Office
- Protection and Privacy: Overview of Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Crafting a Social Media Strategy for Your Financial Aid Office
The training concluded with Amber Johnson provided a Federal Update from the Department of Education.
Thanks to all of our attendees and presenters!