Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has an immediate need for a full-time Campus Student Financial Aid Director in the Financial Aid Department. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., but may require some evenings and weekends.
This position is responsible for the management of the daily operations of the Campus Financial Aid Office which includes supervising, training, and scheduling staff and serving as part of a College-wide management team, working with the other Campus Directors, and the Director to establish policy and procedures to insure uniform treatment of all students across the three campuses.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Represent office at campus management level meetings.
· Perform monitoring and reporting functions for the Campus.
· Monitor the status of college funds in the financial aid programs and advise all campus financial aid personnel regarding current fund levels and changes to award guidelines
· Supervise, train, update and provide technical expertise to staff and student assistants.
· Supervise and work with the financial aid counselors and program coordinators to ensure that Financial Aid Workshops are performed at County schools and organizations in the Community; making sure all programs meet all federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures and develop and dissemination program information to staff, students and the college community.
· Serve as Campus director responsible for working with management team to coordinate programs with other office operations.
· Collaborate with the leadership team and the program coordinators in developing appropriate content for a variety of printed materials, application forms and informational literature, and web content.
· Collaborate with other campus offices regarding services provides, adjustment of office hours, support of unit activities and coordinated services provided to students.
· Update all student affairs and other college personnel on financial aid policies, procedures and practices that effect student access, enrollment and matriculation.
· Review and recommend updates and revisions for publications such as the financial aid application, brochures, award letters, and other financial aid materials.
· Change when needed campus clerical procedures that facilitate the application, awarding, and reporting process.
· Resolve all questions and problems for all assigned personnel.
· Make decisions on unusual circumstances or recommend action to the Director when appropriate.
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree
· Seven years of experience in student financial aid.
· Three years at the equivalent of a financial aid supervisor or higher.
· Thorough knowledge of the provisions of state and federal legislation and administrative regulations and policies governing federal financial aid or other funded programs, principles and procedures relating to financial aid office operations, principles of management, supervision and training; of techniques of counseling and interviewing, accounting and fiscal management practices and of computerized financial aid award and tracking systems.
· Proficiency with student financial aid data management systems and Microsoft Office Suite Word and Excel.
· Skill in interpreting and implementing federal and state laws, regulations, policies and procedures, implementing and monitoring compliance with operational policies and procedures, leading, managing and motivating personnel, oral and written communications, and skills in service diverse communities, students, and colleagues.
· Ability to administer a wide variety of state, institutional, federal and private aid programs, lead and manage a diverse staff and student body, and to be attentive to details; to analyze situations and interpret policy, use sound judgment, handle multiple tasks, and perform under pressure.
· Ability to travel locally for work related activities such as meetings.
· Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
· Experience with the administration of Federal and State Financial Aid Programs.
· Experience with Banner Financial Aid Student Information System Software.
· Experience with Document Imaging
Additional Job Description
· Click Hereto apply online
· Online applications must be received by November 8, 2019.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
· Successful completion of a background check.
· Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.