McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for a Financial Aid Specialist. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts with employer match, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website for details.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Specialist will process verifications and process federal, state and institutional financial aid applications in accordance with federal, state and college regulations.
· Administer and award financial aid programs to eligible recipients, inform students of missing information, and inform students if they are not eligible for financial aid programs; financial aid programs include, but are not limited to: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Student Loans, Maryland Higher Education Commission programs; etc.
· Collect, analyze and process documentation required for “Verification” of a student’s financial aid application in accordance with federal regulations
· Expedite student financial aid applications to address issues and concerns as they arise;
· Evaluate accuracy of documents and consistency of data from need analysis processor, federal tax returns, financial aid transcripts verification document, and student information; perform data analysis to identify discrepancies in data and determine action for resolution;
· Create and execute database reports to merge and evaluate complex datasets from multiple sources
· Conduct financial aid informational presentations to special groups, when needed.
· Communicate information to guide or assist people; communicate to convey or exchange general work-related information or service to internal or external customers.
· Follow technical instructions, procedure manuals, and charts to solve practical problems; and/or compose routine or specialized reports or forms and business letters; and/or ensure compliance with clear guidelines and standards.
· Run and manage various processes within College ERM, Colleague, to ensure efficient and effective processing of awards
· Perform computer data entry and other related duties as assigned
· Maintain proper records retention policy and documentation of Financial Aid records storage
· Assist in maintaining an up-to-date financial aid operations manual
· Assist in the management of due dates for various federal and state reports, surveys, etc.
· Assist in updating financial aid forms, when needed.
· Attend training workshops and conferences in order to learn and stay current on financial aid regulations and processing
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Financial Aid Director and Associate Director.
For a complete job description including qualifications and to apply, please visit the college’s employment webpage. Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications begins Friday, March 29, 2019.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status.