The Associate Director has the responsibility for providing financial assistance to all students through counseling and awarding of financial aid packages for students. The Associate Director of Financial Aid is responsible for financial aid fund management and the administration of the Federal Direct and private loan programs. The Associate Director of Financial Aid is responsible for management of the disbursement process, reporting, and reconciliation of Title IV programs. This position is to serve as backup to the Director of Financial Aid, as needed. The Associate Director of Financial Aid serves as a resource to ensure compliance regarding Title IV eligibility questions from financial aid staff. The Associate Director of Financial Aid reports directly to the Director of Financial Aid who is responsible to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, Marketing and Communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management of the Federal Direct Loan and private loan programs.
- Counsel and advise students regarding loan options and financial awareness of student debt.
- Responsible for management of the disbursement process for all financial aid funds and administrative review of release of refunds.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation and disbursement reporting requirements for the Federal Direct Loan funds and the Federal Pell Grant program.
- Access and analyze federal financial aid history using the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and update online enrollment status as it relates to financial aid eligibility.
- Determine and override complex and unique issues by exercising professional judgment authority as allowed by the Department of Education.
- Complete federal verification and award financial aid funds in compliance with respective policies and procedures.
- Determine eligibility for Federal Work-Study program and provide student eligibility information to Human Resources.
- Responsible for posting external scholarships and tuition remission awards.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of Title IV financial aid programs.
- Ensures compliance with NCAA and conference rules and regulations related to financial aid of student athletes.
- Conducts financial aid seminars and workshops for admissions on-campus and off-campus programs throughout the year.
- Responsible for assisting with review and updating financial aid procedures manual.
- Assists students and parents in completion of FAFSA and other financial aid forms.
- Assists the Director of Financial Aid in updating financial aid publications.
- Serve as a financial aid representative for questions from other offices on campus.
- Assists the director in producing reports for federal and state agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of experience in the administration of financial aid, or 10 years of financial aid experience at the assistant/associate director level. Experience in awarding and certification of Federal Direct Loans. Knowledge of Title IV federal financial aid regulations. Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (excel, word, powerpoint) and experience with financial aid software programs, with preferences towards PowerFaids, Edexpress and EdConnect. The position requires a great deal of contact with the public and the ability to get along well with all types of people.
This is a full-time position with full benefits and annual, holiday, and sick leave. Competitive salary commensurate to experience.
Ways to Apply
Applicants are requested to submit a resume and cover letter with three letters of recommendations along with salary requirements to:
Mount St. Mary’s University
Department of Human Resources
Associate Director of Financial Aid search
16300 Old Emmitsburg Rd.
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Or email resume materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mount St. Mary's University is a dynamic, Catholic, liberal arts university with over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students. As a Catholic university, Mount St. Mary’s graduates ethical leaders who are inspired by a passion for learning and lead lives of significance in service to God and others. The university has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational programs and employment practices. We actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. EOE.