This is a key position in the overall management of American University’s financial aid programs. Responsible for one or more of the major financial assistance programs (Federal Stafford Loan, Federal PLUS Loan, Federal Perkins loan, Federal Workstudy program, Federal PELL Grant program, Federal SEOG etc.). Responsible for determining the financial aid eligibility of prospective and current students and assuring compliance with federal and institutional guidelines. Advises and counsels students, prospective students, parents, and colleagues regarding federal, state and institutional financial assistance programs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
· 35 Hours/ Week
· Sr Coordinator/Sr Analyst B
· Commensurate with experience
Required Education and Experience
· BA/BS required (Associate Degree and 5 years’ related working experience can be substituted in lieu of).
· Three years’ experience working in a heavy volume financial aid office, with progressive management experience.
· Working knowledge of automated financial aid systems and software applications.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Preferred Education and Experience
· Masters degree preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
· Whenever possible American University will seek to redeploy existing staff to fill this vacancy before hiring an external candidate.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.