Manager of Audit and Compliance
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) is seeking a Manager of Audit and Compliance for the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. As a memberof the management team the Manager of Audit and Compliance will be primarily responsible for managing staff who perform functions within the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships as they relate to the accuracy of processed files. The Manger will be responsible for making decisions regarding staff adherence to new and established policies/procedures concerning the eligibility for need-based and merit financial aid awards. In addition, the Manager will also be responsible for recommending appropriate updates/changes to departmental practices.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the accurate awarding of federal, state and institutional funds, acting as a resource regarding changes to federal, state, institutional and departmental policies, and contributing to the effectiveness of information disseminated to staff and clients. The coordination of these tasks is supported through a variety of duties that include: supervising the Audit and Compliance Unit; performing quality assurance reviews; supervising the Return of Title IV (R2T4) process for the university; managing the compilation, editing and maintenance of the department's policy and procedures manual; supervising the maintenance of the OFAS Business Continuity Dashboard; reviewing federal registers, announcements and other financial aid resources; serving on departmental, division, institutional and professional association committees and serving as back up for duties assigned to the unit. The incumbent will also make recommendations regarding the improvement of office processes based on regulatory changes and best practices. This position will perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires:
· Bachelor's Degree and at least four years of progressive experience within a financial aid office preferably performing direct administration of Federal, state and institutional financial aid programs.
· Expert knowledge of verification, student eligibility requirements as well as institutional eligibility requirements and administrative capability
· The candidate will have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be able to evaluate and assess areas of conflict and coordinate resolution
· The candidate must exhibit a strong commitment for innovation as demonstrated by their ability to be proactive, change agents, dynamic, universal (far-reaching), forward-thinking, strategic, and collaborative
· One year of direct supervisory experience required.
· Certified Financial Aid Administrator (CFAA)
· Master’s Degree
· Two years of direct supervisory experience
Starting salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full-time position and includes full university benefits.For best consideration, submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by March 31, 2020 (applications will be accepted until the position is filled) to:
UMBC is EOE/AA.