Montgomery College, Germantown and Rockville Campuses, has an immediate need for three Full-Time Financial Aid Assistants. This position greatly impact student enrollment and retention and is the first point of contact for students and their family representatives through in-person, phone or email conversations.
The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5pm with occasional nights and weekends required during peak seasons. This position is bargaining, non-exempt, Grade 21. *For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Operates as principal point of contact, responding to inquiries regarding financial aid.
· Provide informational support to the other administrative areas of the college including but not limited to academics, student services, Admissions and Enrollment Services, Assessment Centers, Business Services and Counseling and Advising.
· Provide back-up for the Welcome Centers and assist at financial aid and enrollment-focused events as needed.
· Assist students and parents with understanding each step of the financial aid process; triage, troubleshoot; make appointments and referrals as needed.
· Provide program support and document processing by evaluating, and verifying incoming documents for completeness and accuracy according to established Federal, State, and College eligibility requirements.
· Analyze student inquiries by determining solutions, and directing students with proper action steps.
· Anticipate and define student problems, troubleshoot issues, and recommend procedures to improve organizational performance.
· Supervise and train student employees on Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and financial aid software processing system and imaging system.
· Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of experience in student financial aid.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
· General knowledge of student services area, such as Admissions, Registration, Business Office, Counseling and Advising, including FERPA and student confidentiality.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel with the ability to merge documents.
· Experience analyzing data with attention to detail.
· Experience with Banner Financial Aid Student Information System Software.
Additional Job Description
· Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
· Online applications must be received by February 7, 2020.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
· Successful completion of a background check.
· Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.