Financial Aid Counselor (5392)
Apply now »
Date: Jan 9, 2020
Location: Washington, DC, US, 20016
Company: American University
This position is an integral part of the university’s financial aid office. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the highest levels of service to current and prospective students and parents. The counselor determines the financial aid eligibility of all students and assures compliance with federal and institutional guidelines. Additionally, the counselor advises current students, prospective students, parents, and colleagues regarding federal, state and institutional financial assistance programs.
- Financial Aid Counselors report directly to an Assistant Director
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Commensurate with experience
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- At least one years experience in financial aid counseling in a large volume, multiprogram environment
- Associate degree and 5 years financial aid working experience can be substituted for the bachelor's degree requirement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: