Assistant Director, Student Tuition Planning
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay 1.4
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks an Assistant Director of Student Tuition Planning. The Assistant Director will assist in the day-to-day operation of the high-volume Student Resources unit, which manages all contact regarding financial questions at the university. The Assistant Director will manage a team of Tuition Coordinators and will be a member of the Student Tuition Planning departmental management team. Responsibilities include ensuring quality customer service and delivery of student aid to prospective and current students and assuring compliance with federal, state and institutional guidelines for all payment types. The assistant director role serves as the primary front-line manager for the student resources unit and must develop strong content knowledge in all UMGC payment methods to support the team.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supervise the day to day operation and management of the Student Tuition Planning unit including but not limited to monitoring call volume, chat volume, e-mail volume and other methods of student communication.
- Maintain current knowledge on all UMGC payment methods and options.
- Supervise a team of tuition coordinators including day to day planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Monitor and regularly report on established performance levels, staff productivity, and quality assurance.
- Work closely with the Student Tuition Planning management team to foster excellent customer service, compliance with regulations, and accuracy in financial discussions.
- Establish partnerships with other UMGC Departments to ensure initiatives and efforts are aligned with the purpose of creating a consistent student experience.
- Advise students, parents and colleagues regarding federal, state and institutional financial assistance programs including; Federal Financial Aid, Veterans Benefits, Military Tuition Assistance, Payment Plans, and other payment methods.
- Works closely with other campus offices and outside constituencies to resolve financial based student issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Employees are required to work university commencement
- Employees may be required to work evening, weekend and holiday hours based on business need
- Employees are required to work all or part of the university holiday break and other observed Federal and university holidays.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- One to three years of experience in a financial based role in higher education at an advisor/counselor level or above.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Experience in a call center or a large service delivery organization is desired
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE