The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) is seeking an Assistant Director for the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. As a member of the management team the Assistant Director provides insight and recommendations based on the needs of our student and parent visitors. The Assistant Director is a high visibility role, providing counseling to visitors and presenting to students and parents at on and off campus events. Further, the Assistant Director is the office's program manager and our staff's resource for all aid programs offered by the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
Specific duties include:
- Oversee all aspects of customer service to students, parents and visitors. Work collaboratively with their staff to monitor trends; offer recommendations for procedural changes or communication enhancements based on trends.
- Supervise one full-time employee and indirectly supervise approximately 12 student employees who provide direct customer service.
- Manage the State Aid Programs through Maryland Higher Education Commission, including determining eligibility, reconciling and problem solving.
- Coordinate all written correspondence and materials including our office website, communications to students and parents.
- Counsel students and parents; provide on and off campus financial aid presentations for current and prospective students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree (Master’s preferred), two years of experience in higher education and one year of supervisory experience. Preferred qualifications: two years of experience in federal, state and/or institutional financial aid programs, strong verbal and written communications skills, familiarity with the State Aid Programs offered by the Maryland Higher Education Commission, commitment to customer service and experience with PeopleSoft and document imaging.
Starting salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full time position and includes full university benefits.
For best consideration, submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by November 29, 2019 (applications will be accepted until the position is filled) to: http://listings.umbc.edu/cw/en-us/job/493098?lApplicationSubSourceID=11432