Training and Outreach Coordinator
Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Training and Outreach Coordinator who provide training to staff members in the Office of Financial Aid as well as staff members throughout the University in student-facing roles. The coordinator will work with financial aid staff members to identify large-scale student issues, resolve problems, and provide strategies for strengthening student service. Working closely with the Assistant Director of Training and Outreach as well as the leadership of all FA units, the coordinator will assist in identifying areas for increased efficiency and training opportunities .
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and deliver financial aid training programs and to increase service levels. (25%)
- Deliver monthly training sessions with front line staff to address pressing issues and content related updates. (15%)
- Serve as a liaison with UMUC regional offices including, but not limited to creating training materials and presentations, as well as attending information sessions and open houses as content knowledge expert. (20%)
- Utilize Salesforce to analyze complex financial aid processing issues and identify methods to increase efficiency and visibility to determine training needs. (15%)
- Coordinate efforts with staff members to identify large-scale student issues, resolve problems, and provide strategies for strengthening student service. (10%)
- Maintain current knowledge of Federal Title IV regulations pertaining to financial aid (10%)
- Perform other job related duties as assigned (5%)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and one (1) to two (2) years of experience in the field of financial aid or student services.
- Financial aid experience in a higher education, working with both traditional and non-traditional populations.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE