Assistant Director of Merit Scholarships
UMBC, Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Full-Time, Exempt, Regular
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Scholarships, the incumbent will assist with the maintenance of the university’s scholarship programs, including general merit, athletic and scholars programs. Two years higher education experience in admissions, enrollment management or financial aid is preferred.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the scholarship management system, administering athletic scholarship requests and awards;
- Representing the department at recruitment events;
- Assisting with marketing and communication efforts, delivering presentations to prospective students and families;
- Coordinating Scholar Visit Days and Scholar Selection Day and performing other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree, two years of progressive higher education experience and one year of supervisory experience.
- Strong technological skills and expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with data management systems.
- Prior experience in public speaking and presenting to large and small groups required.
In addition, we are seeking candidates who exhibit a strong commitment for innovation as demonstrated by their ability to be proactive, change agents, dynamic, universal (far-reaching), forward-thinking, strategic, and collaborative.
Upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references at: http://listings.umbc.edu/cw/en-us/job/493050/assistant-director-of-merit-scholarships
For best consideration submit application materials by October 18, 2019 (applications will be accepted until the position is filled).