PowerFAIDS - Support Analyst/Sr Support Analyst
at The College Board | Reston Office (Reston, VA)
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Support Analyst for our Enrollment department. This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office - remote candidates will be considered.
Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies, the College Board is a mission-focused organization. This job requires a strong focus on improving educational opportunities and outcomes, particularly for disadvantaged students, in the context of a competitive business environment.
The Support Analyst is primarily responsible for providing functional support to users, prospective users, and resellers of PowerFAIDS – a financial aid management software product. The Support Analyst/Sr. Support Analyst will deliver customer-centric technical and functional support including on-site, in-house and telephone assistance, training, and guidance in the use of PowerFAIDS. The Support Analyst will also be responsible for close collaboration with the program team, particularly UAT.
What you’ll do
Provides technical and functional support services to end users, product staff, and field staff. Responsible for responding to client inquiries regarding PowerFAIDS functionality, including all aspects of operating and configuring the product in a variety of technical environments.
- Effectively communicate with clients, pre and post contract initiation, to help them understand how to use the products properly and provide guidance on how best to use the software to implement the required financial aid policy and procedures to support the determination and delivery of federal and institutional aid to students.
- Records, track, and document all incoming support requests and the problem-solving process for actions taken through to the final resolution.
- Assist in the resolution of escalated cases and resolving discrepancies between operations policies and service level agreements through practical solutions.
- Monitors changes to relevant student aid programs and need analysis methodologies to identify areas where software changes will be required and communicated to the client.
- Contributes to the overall effectiveness of technical and functional support services.
Performs UAT testing of the PowerFAIDS system to ensure it conforms to functional specifications, program regulations, need analysis methodologies, and financial aid office policies and procedures.
- Debugs user problems by replicating and documenting client errors in-house, research and identify corrective actions, and reporting software anomalies to quality assurance, product management, training, and implementation staff.
- Assists with the review and testing of system enhancements to ensure it conforms to program regulations, need analysis methodologies, functional specifications, and financial aid office policies and procedures.
- Participates in cross-functional discussions and business requirements reviews to ensure that software changes are understood in order to assist in UAT testing activities as needed.
Develops training offerings that are designed to boost customer knowledge and encourage maximum usage of the PowerFAIDS system. Responsible for collaborating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of refining and updating existing offerings and designing new training offerings as the system grows.
- Creates and maintains instructional materials for hands-on, online, and recorded training.
- Delivers training and maintains records of training activities to monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of training offerings.
- Analyzes training survey feedback to assess customer training needs and to provide input on decisions for new training goals and objectives.
- Participates in cross-functional discussions and release notes reviews to ensure that software changes are understood in order to provide training internally or externally as needed.
- Provides recommendations on how training should be structured and integrated across technological solutions to maximize impact of the training.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum 2-4 years of experience in financial aid administration required.
- 2-3 years of experience working with a financial aid software system, usage of PowerFAIDS is a plus.
- Customer service experience and ability to work in a team setting are preferred.
- This position requires a technically inclined, process and detail oriented individual with strong organizational skills and ability to suggest changes in software support processes based on observations.
- This opportunity suits a highly proactive and motivated individual with an attitude centered on learning and continuous improvement
More about you
- Experience working with the PowerFAIDS software application
- Experience with and knowledge of the day to day operations of a postsecondary institution financial aid office
- Knowledge of Federal financial aid programs, regulations, delivery systems and software products
- Understanding of federal and institution need analysis methodologies and automated packaging approaches
- Knowledge of commercial software products supporting financial aid and higher education
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and problem solve
- Possesses strong analytic and problem resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a strong customer service orientation, and teamwork skills required
- Must be a team player and willing to help others as needed to make the team successful
- Ability to take on additional projects/ responsibilities as necessary, while continuing to meet the requirements of regular support responsibilities.
- Ability to keep financial aid and systems knowledge current
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong, constructive and effective verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational, time and task management skills
- Ability to learn software programs quickly
- Experience with desktop applications, such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, and Access
- Willingness and ability to travel
- This position can be done remotely
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
Our mission is to clear a path for all students to own their future.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Please click on the following link if you are interested in applying for this position.