Financial Aid Outreach Counselors
Montgomery College has an immediate need for two full-time Financial Aid Outreach Counselors in the Student Affairs Division. These are non-bargaining, non-exempt, grade 27 positions. The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. , but requires some evenings and weekends to cover outreach events and activities. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage a financial aid program and/or a financial aid process including the verification, awarding, and report processing.
- Coordinate and conduct financial aid outreach services and requests. Maintain financial aid outreach calendar Write, design, and conduct financial aid presentations and workshops in English and Spanish to students and family representatives at middle schools, high schools, community organizations and Montgomery College
- Plan and execute specials Initiatives and events for the Office of Student Financial Aid
- Create and manage social media content for the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Manage a caseload of student files for awarding. Reviews, verifies and analyzes financial aid applications and supporting documentation to determine a students’ eligibility. Authorizes student file awarding.
- Counsel and educate students, their families, and the community on federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs. Advise them on the regulations and procedures for applying for financial aid from various agencies.
- Manage cyclical reports for appropriate changes, adjustments and/or corrections to the student's data.
- Exercise professional judgement to reevaluate student eligibility for federal student financial aid.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of federal and state financial aid programs, and state and institutional policies. Understand the relation of federal regulations to Montgomery College Policy and Procedure.
- Use comprehensive knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, including Title IV, to interpret rules and regulations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Education, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in a financial aid office. Ability to write, create, and conduct financial aid presentations and workshops in English and Spanish.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current Student Financial Aid Office policies and procedures, state and federal financial aid regulations and policies, and institutional policies governing financial aid.
- Comprehensive knowledge of one or more of the following programs: loans, work study, scholarships or other federal or state programs and ability to perform needs analysis and prepare aid packages for students.
- Knowledge of institutional rules, guidelines, procedures, and practices, and of modern office procedures and practices as applied to the operations of a financial aid office.
- Thorough knowledge of customer service techniques for public contact.
- Skilled in interpersonal relations (including serving a diverse community) with ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, and work effectively with others within and outside of the institution.
- Skill in the use of student financial aid data management systems and computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite software appropriate for the duties assigned.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- General knowledge of student services area, such as Admissions, Registration, Business Office, Counseling and Advising, including FERPA and student confidentiality.
- Experience with Banner Financial Aid Student Information System Software.
- Experience with Document Imaging.
Additional Job Description:
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.