Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Responsible for advising students and parents on all matters regarding federal, state, institutional and private aid while providing the highest level of service. The Financial Aid Advisor will be responsible for interpreting and adhering to Title IV Federal Student Aid regulations. Position requires oversight and coordination of the Federal Work-Study Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- At least one (1) year direct experience or two of professional work experience.
- Ability to work with detailed, factual information from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated experience with computerized office systems including, but no limited to, Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple administrative tasks with minimal oversight.
- Customer Service Experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior Financial Aid experience preferred and functional experience with Colleague/ Datatel desired.
- Prior experience in advising or higher education.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide comprehensive counseling to students regarding financial aid eligibility through in-person, phone and email conversations.
- Regularly provide Financial Aid Advising Services at the Cambridge Center.
- Participate in student recruitment and retention activities including attending open- house events, information sessions, and other events as requested to offer guidance to prospective student staff.
- Assist with the completion of Federal, State, and Institutional Aid Applications while maintaining student confidentiality.
- Determine federal, state, and institutional aid eligibility.
- Manage the alternative loan certification process.
- Provide information to the public concerning Financial Aid, scholarships and other funding sources.
- Provide customer service assistance face to face and via the telephone.
- Serve as a member of the Satisfactory Academic Progress Committee.
- Assist with the Federal Verification processes.
- Manage state scholarship programs Maintain compliance of Federal Regulations as mandated by the Department of Education.
- Consistently review pertinent reports and resolve issues related to eligibility and compliance. Facilitate Federal Work-Study Program outreach activities.
- Oversee Federal Work-Study placement, hiring process, program compliance, and reconciliation.
- Participate in annual You Can Afford College events, semi-annual New Student Orientation, Financial Literacy presentations, Make the Grade Keep the Aid and High School FAFSA nights.
- Attend training sessions, workshops, seminars concerning Federal and State aid in the Tri State Area.
- Other duties as directed including but not limited to representing the Financial Aid Office, by performing power point presentations and financial aid overview sessions to students/parents.
Friday, March 15, 2019
For best consideration, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference the job to which you are applying in the subject heading. Resumes must be in .doc or PDF format. We are unable to open or convert files in other formats.
Chesapeake College is an equal opportunity employer who values the power of diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.