What you will do:
- Lead the definition and implementation of improved processes to ensure requirements traceability across multiple teams and vendors.
- Lead internal User Acceptance Testing activities, perform UAT, and manage external UAT with users and vendors.
- Play a lead role in operational monitoring and critically analyze data to identify and solve problems. Produce and consume reports to ameliorate product needs.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to implement the product vision and successfully enhance the products.
- Analyze user needs, perform impact analysis, and develop business requirements/user stories. These activities may include user interviews, focus groups, whiteboarding sessions, and cross-functional team concept development. Documentation of requirements may take the shape of user stories, specifications, user interface mock-ups, flow charts, and diagrams.
- Communicate new functionality to internal and external customers through effective training and documentation.
- You possess 5+ years of experience and a track record of success in either financial aid administration or software development.
- You have experience with identifying systems and process improvements and interacting with a technology team to implement these new processes or systems.
- You have a demonstrated ability to learn new end-user productivity tools to make continual improvements to practices and procedures (MS Teams, JIRA, etc.).
- You have experience designing and documenting processes in the form of flow charts or procedures documents.
- You have led staff training or user training.
- Experience building customer facing applications using agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) is a huge plus.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
To apply visit: https://careers.collegeboard.org/job/1570749
- Organization and planning—Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses people on key priorities.
- Inquisitiveness and problem solving— Has a passion for learning and looks to apply new knowledge to practical solutions.
- Master of the details that matter – Pursues excellence rather than perfection, based on a keen understanding of user needs.
- Adapts quickly—Demonstrates ability to efficiently and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Get it done attitude— Owns a willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Teamwork—Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Listening skills—Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints, often before asserting his/her own viewpoint.