The Financial Literacy and Education Program Specialist is responsible for the overall planning, coordination and delivery of financial literacy programming and education to promote and support students’ financial wellness. The incumbent will implement educational programs and activities targeting a diverse student audience and across a broad range of personal financial management topics, including but not limited to: budgeting, savings, credit, debt, retirement and investment.
Working in collaboration with the Financial Literacy and Education Committee and the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, the Financial Literacy and Education Program Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day logistical planning, promotion, execution, evaluation and assessment of new and existing financial education programs and activities. Specific duties include:
- Leading the planning, promotion and delivery of signature campus financial education programs, including FinancialSmarts CashCourse, CASHCoach, CashClips and Money Smart Week
- Assisting in the development and execution of a campus-wide financial literacy awareness and promotion campaign including a robust social media campaign leveraging traditional social media outlets and myUMBC
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of other key UMBC financial education programs such as the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of outreach efforts through the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Serving as lead instructor for the online (Bb) FinancialSmarts CashCourse
- Coordinating with campus partners in the delivery of individual, on-demand workshops and activities for targeted student audiences
- Updating and maintaining the financialsmarts.umbc.edu website
- Leading the on-going tracking, evaluation and assessment of financial literacy programmatic efforts
- Leveraging existing literature, studies, surveys and other insights to identify other student needs, programs and practices in the area of personal financial management; completing and maintaining training certification in financial literacy education
- Planning and leading the monthly Financial Literacy and Education Committee meetings
- Hiring, training and supervising the Financial Literacy Student Program Assistant
- Hiring, training and supervising a team of student Peer Mentors
- Performing other duties as assigned
In addition, we are seeking candidates who exhibit a strong commitment for innovation as demonstrated by their ability to be proactive, change agents, dynamic, universal (far-reaching), forward thinking, strategic and collaborative.
The successful candidate will possess at least a bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of one year financial literacy education and programming or related experience.
Preferred qualifications :
- · Experience designing, planning, and implementing large-scale educational or social programs and activities for diverse post-secondary audiences
- · Detailed-orientated and able to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience managing content on social media and web platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher
- Familiarity with evaluation and assessment methodology and tools as well as comfort working with and interpreting related data
- Experience supervising and leading staff
Starting salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full-time position and includes full university benefits.
For best consideration, submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by June 3, 2022 (applications will be accepted until the position is filled)
UMBC is EOE/AA.