Examples of Duties
The following are the functions essential to performing this job.
- Primarily responsible for providing assistance to the Financial Aid office, as it relates to the student information system and other software products utilized in the delivery of federal, state, and institutional Financial Aid.
- Maintains and provides support to the Financial Aid Department by building and analyzing reports in Banner, and using SQL to aid the department in efficient business practices.
- Provide programming, coding, and reporting data to meet federal, state, and institutional requirements.
- Ensure system functionality, including testing of system upgrades to aid in the administration and successful delivery of student Financial Aid.
- Perform major Financial Aid and Student Account system processes within established timelines.
- Prepare ongoing system setup for Financial Aid programs, fee assessment, and other semester/annual program changes.
- Work with colleagues to develop online and technology-based processes to replace existing paper/manual processes.
- Test new software and upgrades/releases of existing technologies pertaining to Financial Aid.
- Develop enhancements to current systems to improve technological efficiency, automation, and the student experience, collaborating with colleagues and IT.
- Work with beta groups of students to test and gather feedback on new technology enhancements.
- Generate and review required reports by the institution, accrediting agencies, and federal and state agencies, including the FISAP(Fiscal Operations Report and Application to Participate) Report.
- Troubleshoot system errors and develop solutions.
- Perform functions related to the administration of Satisfactory Academic Progress, Return to Title IV, billing, packaging, disbursements, write-offs, etc.
Individuals in this job may be assigned one or more of the following tasks on a rotating or as needed basis.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends during peak processing periods and for special projects.
- Will assign special projects as needed.
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, SQL programming/coding, and Microsoft desktop applications and operating systems.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to follow written and oral procedures with attention to detail.
- Initiative and problem-solving skills to identify, research, and solve complex IT programming and Financial Aid problems.
- Demonstrate documentation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or commensurate experience in business, information systems, or related field with an emphasis on computer literacy and/or certificate in Information Systems.
- Successful experience: Experience in a higher education setting (Financial Aid experience preferred.
- Other preferences: Process Management and report writer language using Argos. Experience in installing and diagnosing PC hardware and software. We skills, including HTML and Java script tools encouraged.
To apply: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/desu/jobs/3413856/financial-aid-systems-analyst-administrator