Johns Hopkins University's Student Financial Services (SFS) is seeking a Senior Assistant Director, Financial Aid Quality Assurance (HSA Financial Aid Administrator) who will be a member of the management team comprised of the Director, Associate Directors, and Assistant Directors and will work as a part of the collaborative group responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures to meet University wide goals. This position assists in multiple functions within the office which includes ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service and accurate information to all students and families contacting SFS. The Senior Assistant Director will serve as the primary liaison to the contact call center (CMD) and the Student Enrollment and Account Management (SEAM) teams who handle first-line phone calls, emails via the case management system (SCM), and live chat on behalf of SFS.
This position offers a hybrid work model, candidates must have the ability to participate in meetings, receive and make phone calls, attend periodic in person meetings, and attend in person training and conferences, as needed.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform quality assurance monitoring for inbound/outbound calls and case management responses to assess front line staff accuracy, customer services performance and provide feedback/recommendations to team leaders.
- Develop training materials and provide and coordinate workshops to ensure CMD, SEAM, and Peer Advisors are well-versed in Student Financial Service’s Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, supervision, and scheduling of SFS Peer Advisers.
- Review and update financial aid knowledge base material within Microsoft Teams channels (and other knowledge base platforms).
- Schedule and coordinate financial aid adviser on-call, Zoom, and in-person schedules and keep all parties informed of weekly schedule
- Attend assigned weekly meetings and liaise with CMD/SEAM (call center and shared services) on topics that impact SFS daily operations.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Communication and Digital Strategy, update financial aid forms, publications, and website content.
- Keep abreast of federal and institutional aid policies and procedures.
- Assist with answering cases/emails and live chat, conducting phone/Zoom calls, and processing financial aid documents as needed.
- Additional assigned responsibilities for other programs as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- A Bachelor's Degree and one year relevant financial aid/Title IV experience is required.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience.
** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
- A Master's Degree and three years of relevant financial aid/Title IV experience is preferred.
- Experience in a highly selective college or university setting that practices some form of institutional methodology is preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The candidate who best fits this position will have exceptional written and oral communication skills, strong, student-based counseling proficiency, good eye for detail, robust organizational skills, a comprehensive understanding of Federal Title IV regulations and Federal Title IV financial aid processing systems (COD, NSLDS, etc.), strong work ethic and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products. Experience with CSS PROFILE, IDOC, PowerFAIDS, and OnBase preferred.
Classified Title: HSA Financial Aid Administrator
Working Title: Senior Assistant Director, Financial Aid Quality Assurance
Starting Salary Range: $60-65k (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M - F / 8:30am - 5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Homewood Campus
Department name: Student Financial Services
Personnel area: Johns Hopkins University
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law