Johns Hopkins University is seeking an Assistant Director of Financial Aid (HSA Financial Aid Administrator) who will be a member of the management team comprised of the Assistant Vice Provost, Director, Associate Directors, and Assistant Directors and will work as a collaborative group responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures to meet University wide goals.
This position offers a remote work model, candidates must have the ability to participate in meetings, receive and make phone calls, attend periodic in person meetings, and attend in person training and conferences, as needed.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate aid applications for prospective and returning student populations to determine aid eligibility using federal and institutional methodologies, exercising professional judgment when necessary.
- Prepare and present financial aid sessions/workshops to high schools and other organizations upon request.
- Assist with the development and implementation of financial aid policies and procedures.
- Assist with reconciliation of scheduled reports to ensure timely delivery of financial aid to students and compliance with Federal Title IV regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with Federal Verification and Direct Loan processing.
- Frequent communication with students and campus administrative departments (Admissions, Registrar, Student Accounts, and Student Employment) and academic departments.
- The Assistant Director will be responsible for Title IV program management and annual program evaluations.
- Additional assigned responsibilities for other programs as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- A Bachelor's Degree and one year relevant financial aid/Title IV experience is required.
- A Master's Degree and three years of relevant financial aid/Title IV experience is preferred.
- Experience in a highly selective college or university setting that practices some form of institutional methodology is preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The candidate who best fits this position will have exceptional written and oral communication skills, strong, student-based counseling proficiency, good eye for detail, robust organizational skills, a comprehensive understanding of Federal Title IV regulations and Federal Title IV financial aid processing systems (COD, NSLDS, etc.), strong work ethic and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Experience with CSS PROFILE, IDOC, PowerFAIDS, and OnBase preferred.
Classified Title: HSA Financial Aid Administrator
Starting Salary Range: $52,495 - $65,000 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M -F / 8:30am -5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department name: Student Financial Services
Personnel area: Johns Hopkins University
Hiring Manager: Quinton Taylor, Interim Director of Student Financial Services