Student Financial Services is seeking an Assistant Director of Financial Aid (HSA Financial Aid Administrator) who will be a member of the management team comprised of the Assistant Vice Provost, Director, Associate Directors, and Assistant Directors and will work as a collaborative group responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures to meet University wide goals. This position is responsible for managing and processing a portion of the total number of need-based financial aid applications received by the Office of Student Financial Services and management of financial aid programs (federal, state, or institutional)
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate aid applications for prospective and returning student populations to determine aid eligibility using federal and institutional methodologies, exercising professional judgment when necessary.
- Daily contact with students and families via phone, email and in-person.
- Prepare and present financial aid sessions/workshops to high schools and other organizations upon request.
- Assist with the development and implementation of financial aid policies and procedures.
- Assist with reconciliation of scheduled reports to ensure timely delivery of financial aid to students and compliance with Federal Title IV regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal verification and Direct loan processing.
- Frequent communication with campus administrative departments (Admissions, Registrar, Student Accounts, and Student Employment) and academic departments.
- This position will have direct program management of private and Direct Loan processing, summer aid awarding, endowed scholarships, enhanced loan counseling, satisfactory academic progress, and additional assigned responsibilities for other programs as needed.
- The Assistant Director position has direct authority to make financial aid commitments to the student population on behalf of the University.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- A Bachelor's Degree and one year related experience is required. Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- A Master's Degree and three years of relevant financial aid/Title IV experience is preferred.
- Experience in a highly selective college or university setting that practices some form of institutional methodology is preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The candidate who best fits this position will have exceptional written and oral communication skills, strong, student-based counseling proficiency, good eye for detail, robust organizational skills, a comprehensive understanding of Federal Title IV regulations and Federal Title IV financial aid processing systems (COD, NSLDS, etc.), strong work ethic and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products. Experience with CSS PROFILE, IDOC, PowerFAIDS, and OnBase preferred.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Classified Title: HSA Financial Aid Administrator
Working Title: Assistant Director, Financial Aid
Starting Salary Range: $52,495 - $65,000 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M -F / 8:30am - 5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Homewood Campus
Department name: Student Financial Services
Hiring manager: Quinton Taylor, Senior Associate Director- Federal Programs. Email: email@example.com
Apply at the link below: