Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) is seeking a Student Services Coordinator for the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Financial Aid and working closely with the management and counseling staff, the incumbent will be responsible for the coordination of the front office operations.
Specific duties include:
- Supervising and managing the reception area of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (OFAS)
- Hiring, training and overseeing the daily work of at least one dozen student front office staff
- · Serving as subject matter expert for financial aid programs, assisting student employees with their daily work and counseling UMBC students and their families
- · Providing administrative support to the Assistant Director for the Maryland Higher Education Commission’s State Aid Programs
- Managing the document imaging process, phone and e-mail responses
- Maintaining and reporting information collected from the student tracking system and making suggestions for ways to enhance our customer service including online materials, communications and data collection and analysis
- Coordinating the inventory and distribution of financial aid and scholarship materials and other publications
- Serving as a liaison to offices across campus that impact our service to families at UMBC
- Representing OFAS by presenting financial aid information at student/parent orientations and other on-and-off campus events
- Performing other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree, two years of related experience in customer service and/or higher education and one year of experience with federal and/or state financial aid programs. Preferred qualifications are: strong verbal and written communications skills, commitment to exemplary customer service, supervisory experience and experience with Peoplesoft and document imaging. Note: A background check will be required.
Starting salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full time position and includes full university benefits.
For best consideration, submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by September 9, 2021 (applications will be accepted until the position is filled) to:
UMBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and actively seeks the applications of minorities, women, Veterans and individuals with disabilities.As an institution that receives federal financial assistance, UMBC adheres to Title IX and does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Information about Title IX and contact information for the Title IX Coordinator is available at: https://oei.umbc.edu/