This position supports the federal Title IV financial aid requirements for administration of financial aid and oversees the awarding of Title IV financial aid. The Assistant Director, Financial Aid Verification and Reporting is responsible for management of reporting requirements to the U.S. Department of Education and for supervision and training of staff completing verification and awarding. This position will work independently to problem-solve, evaluate, and analyze information, apply excellent oral and written communication skills, and demonstrate critical thinking and conflict resolution skills. This position must use varying styles and approaches that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, multicultural workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Compute and award financial aid funds to students based on regulatory requirements of verification by the U.S. Department of Education.
2. Determine and override complex and unique issues by exercising professional judgement in accordance with the Department of Education regulations.
3. Ensure compliance in awarding financial aid funds to students based on regulatory requirements of verification by the U.S. Department of Education.
4. Assess federal financial aid eligibility and analyze information within the U.S. Department of Education database.
5. Research, review, and determine eligibility as required by law for students with C codes for unusual enrollment history and maximum lifetime Federal Pell Grant eligibility.
6. Review documentation and report to the U.S. Department of Education, student information for V4 and V5 verification of high school completion and identity statement of educational purpose.
7. Oversee the Federal Work Study program of the College.
8. Interpret, articulate, and disseminate financial aid policies, procedures, and regulations to students, parents, and the public.
9. Ensures that webpages and information related to financial aid are accurate and updated.
10. Meet with students and parents who have special circumstances including, but not limited to unemployment and dependency override.
11. Assist the Director of Financial Aid with review of the financial aid procedures manual, ensuring it is accurate and revised as needed.
12. Supervision of financial aid counselors including performance management and employee development plans.
13. Maintain education and financial aid records in accordance with FERPA, regulatory requirements, and College policies and procedures.
14. Maintain knowledge of federal tax return guidelines in order to complete verification of FAFSA data.
15. Maintain knowledge of the student information system and all U.S. Department of Education system.
Required Minimum Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Three (3) years of experience in a college environment managing and awarding financial aid funds
3. Three (3) years of experience in financial aid verification
4. Two (2) years of supervisory experience
Apply here: https://jobs.frederick.edu/postings/3521